So you want to start yoga, but up until now:
○ The thought of starting felt overwhelming.
○ Yoga didn’t seem like it was FOR you.
○ You didn’t know where or how to get started.
○ Felt way too uncomfortable or lost in yoga class.
○ You were sleepin’ on how amazing of a life-hack it is. ;)
Beginner's Guide to Starting Yoga Intro Video
This guide is perfect for the yoga admirer who wants to begin a yoga practice but feels overwhelmed with where and how to start.
WITH THIS GUIDE YOU WILL:
○ Have a clearer understanding of what yoga is and the many benefits it can add to your mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being.
○ Learn the different styles of yoga and which one is right for you.
○ Understand the Pros and Cons of an "At-Home" vs "Studio" Practice.
○ Get the 10 Most Frequently Asked Yoga Questions, answered!
○ Get moving with an introduction to the 10 yoga poses that make up Sun Salutation A and B.
○ and more....
June 2013: MY FIRST DAY OF YOGA (I decided to participate in a 30-day online yoga challenge
JAN 2014: I started hosting my own yoga challenges to share my progress and build my community.
MAY 2017: I STARTED TRAVELING THE COUNTRY TEACHING YOGA TO MY ONLINE YOGA COMMUNITY (CERTIFIED: JULY 2016)
My yoga practice saved my life.
On June 12, 2013, while scrolling Instagram, I came across an online challenge of what appeared to be forming shapes with your body. I was so impressed with the body’s capabilities, that I was inspired to give it a try. These shapes turned out to be yoga, and I quickly fell madly in love with this foreign practice. At the time, I didn’t see many other black people practicing online, but I persisted with the practice because I loved how it made my mind and body feel. I also loved sharing the ebbs and flows of my journey online...
For the first two years, I practiced 100% at home, never stepping foot in a studio. I was a 30 yr old, recently laid off stay-at-home mom, with limited income and resources. I didn't know what type of yoga was what, choosing a studio felt overwhelming, and I didn’t want to be the only person of color in class.
This meant spending a lot of time scouring the internet looking for at-home yoga resources that could help me start and expand my practice. It would have been AMAZING to have a Starting Yoga Guide to help me, but I'm so glad that I stayed consistent with it.
This practice was the catalyst that shifted my entire life, on and off the mat. A domino effect of transformations began to occur! It was evident in the way I parented my children. I experienced change in my relationships and conversations with my partners, family, and friends. I noticed I handled my anxiety and depression much more effectively. But most importantly the connection I started to develop with my Self was unbelievable!
My yoga practice is truly the ultimate life hack, and it's my hope that my yoga and wellness offerings help YOU start one of the most transformative journeys of your life.
Hippie Heathen Shop
Beginners Guide To Starting Yoga (Digital)